Real Moms Drink Coffee

I am a mom. I drink lots of coffee. I drank coffee when I was pregnant, and while I was (and still am) breastfeeding. Having two kids, a cat that thinks he's a dog and a husband who sleeps through everything (including screaming babies) will do that to you. If the last five years has taught me anything at all, it is that real moms do whatever they can to survive. So sit back, grab a latte and enjoy the ride...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Drama queen

My one-year-old is already a drama queen. She started daycare last week and didn't cry or fuss once. Now that she has been going for a few days, she knows the drill. We pull up, get out of the car, and usually somewhere between the car and the front door she realizes where she is going and starts to squirm. When the daycare lady opens the door, K immediately starts screaming. The exchange is quick and I usually stand outside of the door for a few minutes after it closes and listen for her wails. But, as soon as the door closes, she STOPS screaming completely. Yes, my daughter has already learned how to play her mommy. Hats off to you, baby K...

No comments:

Post a Comment